Another Friday … another round of Confessions … (just when I thought I said all I can say …)
I love using this GIF for these Friday confessions … like … I am so bummed I used this idea so early … such a waste … FYI – it will be making periodic comebacks!
On to this weeks confessions:
- I need to join a gym. It is that simple. This summer body jiggles when I walk … and I am PRETTY sure I have cellulite from my hips to my ankles … not a good look. HOWEVER, I just cannot seem to get myself to join the Y (it is the only local gym with childcare for the younger age kiddos in my area). I thought of buying some cute workout gear to get excited to wear to the gym!! Anyone have recommendations for great workout gear that is NOT Lululemon? I want cute stuff … but I also want money in the bank, and with Lululemon, that will not happen.
- I haven’t made a real meal for my family in over a week. Seriously. My kids have been eating peanut butter and jelly, or frozen chicken nuggets, EVERY – NIGHT – THIS – WEEK, and my husband has been having to resort to eating random odds and ends of meals … bbq pork with cheese slices, ham sandwich with sundried tomatoes … and the worst one … leftover enchiladas and macaroni salad. Part of me is a little embarrassed and part of me is thinking, “I wonder how much longer I can go without actually cooking something …”
- I told my husband we need to “Clean out the pantry…” which implies I want to try to eat as many things in our pantry and freezer, so they do not go bad. What it really means is, “I am f*&$%g lazy and I don’t to go to the store and cook. Instead, I want to pull random odds and ends out all week, and do as little prepping and preparing as possible.”
- I have been letting my hair air-dry lately, which is not the best look for me. Some people get those tousled beachy waves when they dry. My hair does a weird corkscrew wave underneath, and dries straight as a board on the top layer. It looks odd, and not at all flattering. I tell my husband and co-workers its because I want to save my hair from heat styling, and give it some time to repair. What it really means is again, I am F*&#&%g lazy and I don’t want to blow dry or straighten my hair.
- My 3 year old has watched MOANA so many dadgum times, the songs are stuck in my head for days on end. “I’m shiny …. “, or “What can I say except, you’re welcome …” GAH!!! Make it stop!!!! Moana ‘broke’ this weekend … so I am not sure what I am going to do to entertain my 3 year old (Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and The Incredibles have all ‘broke’ as well …). The moment she discovers they are not broken, will work on our tablets and TV apps … and the dvd’s and blurays are all in working order … will be the day my sanity dies.
SO glad it is Friday!! It means there is a green glass bottle at home, with a cork in it … just WAITING to be opened, and consumed!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!